Thursday 31 July 2014

BLOG YORKSHIRE - LEEDS | She Might Be Loved


Blog Yorkshire is a new collaboration of bloggers that have come together to make more events for us bloggers up north. It consists of the beautiful Faith from Music and Eyeliner and Carrieanne from Beauty Unlocked. After attending the PS Pre Party with Faith and not being impressed with the makeup artist there, I was asked if I would do a big demonstration at Blog Yorkshire's first event at Revolution Call Bar, Leeds. After only ever working on close friends and family despite being obsessed with makeup, I obviously refused until Faith said that I could stay in a corner and people could just come to me. After weeks of wondering why on earth I threw myself in to the deep end and worrying about what everyone would think, the day finally came. Toni from The Left of Perfect kindly met me outside and helped me to relax by letting me do her face first whilst all the other bloggers piled into the space. By the time I had finish her beautiful face I was ready to face anything and raring to go. The event had a wide range of companies there as well as unbelievable donations to the Charity raffle for The British Heart Foundation. I was blown away by the turnout and at the end I received the best goodie bag ever!


Pretty impressive, right? The brands involved on the day and in the goodies bags included House of Fraser

, Jelly Belly, Urban Fruit, Faith PR, The City Rack, ESPA, Pastille Nail Bar, Country Attire, Quiz Clothing, Wynsor Shoes, Allertons and of course, myself. Which is pretty weird to say. Unfortunately, due to me being involved with the actual event and attending it, I didn't get to mingle as much as I would have liked and some brands didn't see me as a blogger, despite my big sign saying I was....So, I do apologise if we didn't get chance to talk or if I looked flustered and panicky, hopefully I'll see you at the next one! Special mentions to House of Fraser's amazing little goodie bags as I got an Estee Lauder Mini
Foundation Brush, Pastille Nail Bar for being beautiful people as always and Country Attire for grabbing me at the last minute and giving me the most beautiful bracelet ever. I also didn't manage to get an ESPA bag or talk to them as they were constantly busy, but they seemed lovely and everyone walked away incredibly happy.

This photo was kindly taken by The Inelegant Wench.


Toni from The Left of Perfect before and after her makeover by me with her beautiful flower crown made by Lucy Earnshaw. Products used include Illamasqua Skinbase, MAC Mineralise Skin Finish, MAC Cool Palette, HD Brows set, MAC Rebel and Envyderm Mascara.



I also got to meet Sally from Wheeling Along 24 and I had the chance to redo her already flawless base with MAC Studio fix (which was so perfect on her skin), Bobbi Brown Powder, MUA Undress me Highlighter and a blush from Crownbrush. Just after pictures for this one though I'm afraid.







My first 'Panic and Take Everything Kit' which has already been condensed down to my favourites, I shall be doing a post on it too!














Made myself take more photos with people this time so here's Sally from Wheeling Along 24, Tilly fromPaperCrowned and Danielle from Famous in Japan. I slightly fan girled after recognising Danielle as usually I realise who everyone is when I'm back at home, so this was extremely exciting. 




Finally a little outfit of the day as I decided to keep it fairly simply as the theme was festival but my dress didn't arrive in time. I ended up in my George at Asda
 Skirt and Vest top with a Primark belt and Yours Clothing Jacket.


I absolutely loved the event and would love to go to another! Faith and Carrieanne were incredible and it's probably one of the best events I've been to so far. Well done, ladies!

Post Written by Georgina at shemightbeloved.com

No comments:

Post a Comment